github.com/Rafe -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- Tel: 646-409-1070
March 2013 - Current
- Worked on Casebook Mobile App, creates IPad application for field workers with React Native.
- Worked as import API team lead for Indiana State hotline system, migrated 6 million records from legacy system.
- Develop Casebook, Indiana State Child Welfare system with Rails, Postgres Sql, Redis, Elasticsearch, Backbone.js and React.js
- Work under pair programming environment with test driven development and continous integration.
- Worked in DevOps Team, improve our server infrastructure by integrating vagrant, chef kitchen and serverspecs.
- Hosting developer learning lunch to build developer culture in Case Commons.
April 2012 - November 2012
- Worked on Backbone.js single page application with Django backend.
- Improving SplingEngine, the spling url crawler that transfer url to image. Running on RabbitMq
- Worked with Instagram, Flicker, Embedly and Bing api.
- Created Spling widget, Embeded splingboard on 3rd party website.
June 2011 - August 2011
Software Engineer Intern
- Built RESTful api and backend with Ruby on Rails and Postgresql. Deploy service to Heroku and Amazon EC2.
- Developed single page application with Backbone.js and bootstrap.
- Published email parsing module as rubygem mail_parser.
Hung-Yong Software. Taiwan
Febuary 2010 - August 2010
- Built Online Survey system for Taiwan Mobile, using ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework.
- Developed workflow web service using VB.NET and automated testing with SOAPUI.
- Setup Continuous Integration Server, automated deployment and testing processes for team, shortened the development time and significantly reduced integration problems.
Career Inc. Taiwan
April 2009 - December 2009
- Worked on Job Search engine and portal website with ASP.NET and MSSQL.
New York University
August 2010 - January 2012
Master of Computer Science
- Built IndexBuilder, a custom search engine and parser, with Python in Web Search Engine Course.
- Created Footpon, an Android application that combines pedometer and coupon, in Mobile Application Development course.
- Wrote Rails source analysis and security report in Penetration Testing Course.
- Attended HackNY Hackathon 2011 Fall, created ChatSonar, a chatroom application combine Google Map and foursquare API. Using node.js, socket.io and Mongodb.
Core courses taken: Computer Graphic, Computer Vision, Design and Analysis of Algorithm, Modern Cryptography, Computer Architecture, Programming Languages.
September 2003 - June 2007
Bachelor of Information System
- Attended IBM SOA development competition, Leading a team of 5 to build a collaborative investment platform to provide projections of risk and portfolio strategies. Advanced to final 8 out of 52 teams.
Experienced with: C++, Obj-C, PHP, VB, Scheme.
Frameworks: Rails, Sinatra, ASP.NET MVC, Backbone.js, React.js, Elastic Search, Docker, Chef, Redis, Mongodb, Node.js, Android.
Essential knowledge about Software development tools including Git, Vim, Eclipse, Visual Studio.
Experienced with Agile, Scrum, Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, Refactor and Design Patterns.